How to Move up in ASHIPlease find below the 4 steps that you will need to follow to move up in ASHI.
1) Pass the ASHI Standards of Practice (SoP) module.
- Click on ASHI Online Learning Center
- Select login from the right side of the screen, fill in your username and password. Your username is your ASHI member number, your password is your last name.
- Chose the Standards of Practice Education module at the top of the page.
- Click the VIEW button to start the module.
- When you have completed the SoP module, follow the directions for submitting the passing information to ASHI.
2) Pass the National Home Inspector Exam (NHIE)
Submit proof of passing the exam to ASHI by email the results to HQ@ashi.org. A minimum score of 500 is needed to pass this exam.
For information on taking the exam and locations, visit http://www.homeinspectionexam.org/registration.php. This is a proctored exam.
Click here for the NHIE exam content outline.
3) Complete Report Verification
Please select 5 complete home inspection reports, one from 5 different months within the past year and upload to the ASHI Verification portal. These reports will be sent to a report verifier to ensure that they are in compliance with the ASHI Standard of Practice and Code of Ethics. It could take up to 2 weeks for this process and you will be notified of the results. To access the portal, signon with your member number and password, from the members only page, select report verification or select the following link.
Follow the directions for uploading your 5 reports.
4) Signed and Notarized Affidavit of Completion
After completing report verification you will be sent an Affidavit of Completion for the number of inspections you submitted. You will need to get the affidavit notarized and sent back by email, mail, or fax. We do not need the original affidavit.
5) To obtain Inspector Status:
Complete steps 1 through 4 and have completed 75 fee paid inspections
Complete steps 1, 3 and 4 AND 75 inspections AND provide documentation of passing a Valid State Exam approved by the Membership Committee
6) To obtain Certified Inspector Status:
You must complete steps 1 through 4 and have completed 250 inspections.
We wish you success in moving up in the ASHI organization.